2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio launched: Highlights
The new Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been officially launched in the country. Celerio has always been a popular model from Maruti Suzuki and an upgrade is likely to come as a shot in the arm, especially because of the preference for affordable personal mobility options in Covid-19 times.
First launched in India in 2014, Celerio has fared well for Maruti Suzuki here. A regular in the list of best-selling passenger vehicles in the country, Celerio has been favoured for several reasons - from being one of the first Maruti products to get AGS transmission to its compact proportions which make it ideal for city commutes. The car, however, had started appearing rather jaded in recent times - both in terms of looks as well as features. Maruti Suzuki, now, has given it the much-needed update.
Also check these Cars
Here are the highlights from the launch event of 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio:
- That's all from the launch event of 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio.
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio has been priced starting at ₹4.99 lakh. The price goes up to ₹6.94 lakh for the top-of-the variant. Read full launch report here.
- Celerio is being offered in multiple colour options with two being absolutely new - Red and Blue. Customization options are also being offered.
- Maruti has increased door opening space in Celerio by 48mm for easy entry and exit. The boot space has been increased by 40% at 313 litre.
- The new Celerio comes with next-gen K10 engine, gets first-in-segment Hill Hold Control and engine start stop. Mileage? 26.68 kmpl
- First launched in 2014, Celerio has sold 5.9 lakh units since.
- New Celerio claims to offer 23% more mileage than the outgoing model.
- Launch event for 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio gets underway. The pricing for the latest model will be announced in some time.
- 2021 Celerio will be based on Suzuki’s Heartect platform, the same as the Swift and Baleno. Thanks to this, it will be longer, wider and taller than the outgoing model.
- New Celerio will likely be offered with two front airbags, ABS brakes with EBD, ISOFIX anchors, and reversing sensors with a camera.
- What's the price expectation? The new Celerio is likely to be priced above ₹4.50-lakh mark. The previous generation Celerio was offered at a starting price of ₹4.66 lakh (ex-showroom) with price going up to ₹6 lakh (ex-showroom) for the top-of-the-line variant.
- New Celerio will come with a semi-digital instrument cluster and a multi-spoke steering wheel as well.
- What's new inside? Expect the new Celerio to get features like touchscreen infotainment screen compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. There will likely also be a push start/stop button with idle start/stop function.
- Celerio is one of the more popular compact cars in India. While not as small, in terms of dimensions, as the Alto, Celerio is still compact enough to weave in and out of city traffic. Yet, it has always offered reasonable space to passengers seated at the back.
- Under the hood, the new generation Celerio is likely to be offered with the 1.0-litre K10C Dual jet VVT petrol engine.
- The most fuel-efficient petrol car in India? That's what Maruti Suzuki is claiming ahead of Celerio launch. While there is no official fuel economy figure yet, expect the car to return around 26 kmpl in test conditions and well over 20 kmpl in the real world.
- Bookings for the new Celerio had been opened earlier this month. One can visit Arena dealerships or log onto Maruti website to reserve a unit. (Check details here)
- Which cars are launching this month? Check out the eight big-ticket launches lined up…
- What's new in the new Celerio? Plenty. Expect a more rounded exterior profile with a new front grille. Character lines have become more pronounced than before. Step inside and there may well be a new and more capable infotainment screen on offer.
- Celerio, has had several direct rivals in the past but many have perished for a variety of reasons. Remember Chevrolet Beat? Remember Tata Bolt? Well, both are out of the competing field. With Ford's exit from India, even the Figo won't be able to stand in the way. But one of the biggest challengers is still the Hyundai Grand i10, a car with its own set of strengths.