1.4-million dollar Ferrari destroyed after catching fire in Monaco
Days after reports of a Porsche Taycan electric catching fire, another supercar was seen burning on the streets of Monaco.
The $1.4 million Ferrari F40 was burned to ashes after it went up in flames on Tuesday. It appears that the fire began somewhere near the engine compartment of the car which is placed behind the passenger’s compartment in the rear. In minutes the car was engulfed in fire and black smoke.
Watch the video:
Also check these Cars
So far, no one is reported to be injured the incident. The driver of the Ferrari could be seen standing outside the vehicle while it was engulfed in fire. He had his hands raised in what appears to be frustration at helplessly watching his million-dollar Italian supercar burn.
It is not clear whether the person in the video is the owner of the vehicle. The video of the incident was posted on the Instagram page of an user who shared it. While the video did not show how long the fire raged on, firefighters were called in to tackle the blaze.
Photos shared on social media platforms later showed the supercar completely charred in the incident. Firefighters are seen using water and foam to put out the blaze which had destroyed the Ferrari in a matter of few minutes.
The video appears days after a Porsche Taycan Electric was reported to have caught fire in United States.
Porsche confirmed one of its new Taycan electric cars has caught fire in the garage of a U.S. customer, marking the first such incident since Volkswagen AG’s sportscar division started deliveries of the four-door sedan last year.
Porsche was notified of the fire on Sunday and is investigating the cause, the company said in an email.
“No one was harmed in this incident, and it is too early to speculate on the cause until the investigation has been concluded," the company said in the statement.