Classic Legends aims revival of BSA Motorcycles, plans electric bike

Classic Legends aims to revive the BSA Motorcycles brand. The company is also aiming to enter the electric motorcycle segment with an investment of 4.6 million pounds awarded by the UK government. The company has received the amount from the UK government as part of its low carbon automotive initiative, the company reported.

Currently, Mahindra & Mahindra owns a 60% stake in the company.
Currently, Mahindra & Mahindra owns a 60% stake in the company.

Also Read : Most affordable cruiser bikes in India

Besides introducing electric motorcycle to revive the BSA Motorcycles brand, Classic Legends also aiming to expand its retail outlet network significantly. The company aims to have a network of 500 dealerships across India in the next one year. Currently, the company has 187 dealerships across 150 cities, selling retro-styled motorcycles in the quarter-litre category.

Indian automobile brand Mahindra & Mahindra struck a deal with iconic Czech motorcycle maker Jawa in 2016. This deal allowed Classic Legends to introduce motorcycles under the Jawa badge across several countries.

Also check these Bikes

Find more Bikes
Evoke Motorcycles Evoke Urban Classic (HT Auto photo)
₹ 6.50 Lakhs *Expected Price
View Details
Yezdi Motorcycles Roadster (HT Auto photo)
₹ 1.98 - 2.06 Lakhs* *Ex-showroom price
Add to compare
Check latest offers
Yezdi Motorcycles Scrambler (HT Auto photo)
₹ 2.04 - 2.10 Lakhs* *Ex-showroom price
Add to compare
Check latest offers
Yezdi Motorcycles Yezdi Adventure (HT Auto photo)
₹ 2.09 - 2.18 Lakhs* *Ex-showroom price
Add to compare
Check latest offers
Evoke Motorcycles Evoke Urban S (HT Auto photo)
₹ 6 Lakhs *Expected Price
View Details
Bsa Gold Star (HT Auto photo)
₹ 4.50 - 5 Lakhs* *Expected Price
View Details

Currently, Mahindra & Mahindra owns a 60% stake in the company. The remaining 40% is owned by Anupam Thareja, founder of Classic Legends; and Boman Irani, chairman and MD at Rustomjee Group.

Ashish Singh Joshi, CEO at Classic Legends, said that the company's efforts to ramp up production to cater to demand was heavily affected by the lockdown restrictions, especially at its supplier end. "While we have enhanced our capacities and capabilities, some of our suppliers, especially in the western region, were severely affected by the pandemic. Our deliveries also suffered due to dealerships complying with the restrictions in April and, even more so, in May," he further said to news agency PTI.

While talking about the network expansion strategy, Joshi said that the company started predominately with metro and tier-1 cities. These areas suffered the most during the second wave of the pandemic. "We have a massive demand for our dealerships and are utilising that to focus on expanding into smaller towns. Our aim is to establish 275 dealerships by August this year, on our way to 500 dealerships in the next 12 months," he further added.

First Published Date: 02 Jun 2021, 16:49 PM IST
Shopping Bag Shop Now
73% OFF
IDELLA Car Duster, Extendable Long Handle Microfiber Car Duster Exterior Scratch Free Car Cleaning Tool, Car Dust Brush for Truck, Pickup, SUV, RV, Motorcycle, Vehicles Cleaning,(Multicolor)
Rs. 239 Rs. 899
64% OFF
Antson Portable High Power 2 in 1 Car Vacuum Cleaner | USB Rechargeable Wireless Handheld Car Vacuum Cleaner Traveling, Camping Reusable and Sustainable, Portable,Rechargeable Vacuum (2 in 1)
Rs. 699 Rs. 1,939
74% OFF
Microfiber Car Cleaning Soft Brush Ideal as Mop Duster, Washing Brush with Long Handle, Dust Cleaner Car Wash Brush with Handle, Soft Brush Scratch Free, Cleaning Dashboard Curved Design - Grey
Rs. 389 Rs. 1,499
1% OFF
GOODAIR Clear Car Windshield Enhancer | Classic |12 Tablets
Rs. 295 Rs. 299

Please provide your details to get Personalized Offers on

Choose city
+91 | Choose city
Choose city
Choose city
Powered by: Acko Logo
Please be noted that any information provided herein above will be received by Acko General Insurance Limited (“Acko”). By mentioning the above information, you agree to provide these details and information to Acko.
By clicking "View Offers" you Agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy

Dear Name

Please verify your mobile number.

+91 | Choose city
Couldn't verify the OTP.
It's either expired or it's incorrect.